The Real Estate Affinity Group (REAG) of the Hospital and Health Systems Practice Group is hosting a webinar on December 1, 2020 from 2-3:30pm on COVID-19's impact on Fair Market Value in Real Estate Transactions. Current speakers include Victor McConnell of VMG Health and Andrew Dick of Hall Render; the REAG is seeking a moderator for the webinar. Details on the subject matter of the webinar are below. Please contact me for more details if you are interested in the opportunity.
The session will include a discussion of:
1. Stark law waivers – any ability to reduce or waive rent during the pandemic and how is FMV affected.
2. FMV for additional cleaning, PPE or technology and equipment due to the pandemic.
3. Requests changes to floor plans in order to maintain social distancing requirements or changes to space due to volume changes because of the pandemic and effect on FMV.
4. Applicability of force majeure clauses in leases.
5. Eviction requirements being considered implemented by States (e.g., Kentucky)
6. Change of work environment impact on real estate transactions -- will lease space or real estate value be impacted by a potential decrease in demand for space and/or property?
7. Relief fund access.
8. FMV of storage facilities for secure PPE storage.