Wednesday, March 24
Interactive Networking and Engagement | 3:45-4:30 pm
Interact with your colleagues face-to-face in our facilitated small group discussions. (Pre-registration required)
How COVID-19 has Changed Health Care Delivery: The Great Experiment?
- Recognition of the “Virtual Society” – telehealth, cross-state licensing acceptance
- Relaxation of Site of Service requirements (Hospital at Home, temporary testing sites for labs)
- Focus on “Public Health” at a national level – testing availability, vaccine reimbursement, mask recommendations, the role of the CDC
- Increased administrative enforcement as means to drive goals (not just to punish fraud) – CMPs for SNFs, cease and desist orders against laboratories without proper CLIA certification
- Acceptance of the critical role of health care
Thursday, March 25
Coffee and Conversation | 10:00-10:45 am
Start the day by connecting with your colleagues over coffee (or tea). Attendees can choose between two Zoom Breakout Rooms:
1. GME - Deeper Dive / Facilitators: Lori K. Mihalich-Levin and Tim Johnson
Bring any Medicare GME-related concerns to the conversation, which may include questions related to:
- The GME provisions in the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021
- CMS’s new definition of “displaced resident”
- New program issues
- GME legislative priorities
2. Telehealth - Deeper Dive / Facilitator: Jacob Harper and Shira Hollander
- How is your organization using telehealth today?
- What have been the biggest challenges for you in telehealth (i.e., claims payment, licensure, enrollment, tech issues, patient satisfaction issues)?
- Have you had personal experiences with receiving a telehealth service and thoughts on that?
- What do clinicians you work with think about telehealth? What are the pros and cons they’ve expressed?
Attendance is limited in each room, so sign up early! (Pre-registration required)